It is now 2 years since our Public Meeting on 14 September 2010 with Council, RTA and our State MP
PROGRESS AND MAJOR ACTIONS SINCE UPDATE #4 dated March 2012
- 19 OCTOBER 2012 - Meeting between RMS *(RTA) and residents – RMS PROPOSES NOISE ABATEMENT ACTION FOR 9 OF THE 12 NOISE CATCHMENT AREAS (NCA) ALONG THE WARRINGAH FREEWAY – see Minutes on Council website
- 2 NOISE CATCHMENT AREAS (NCA) ARE SCHEDULED FOR NOISE ABATEMENT NOW – 2 NCAs with the highest traffic noise levels are scheduled for action this year - agreement on designs and plans are now being finalising with residents of NCA 4 – West St and Tarella Place Cammeray and NCA 5A Sexton Place Cammeray. RMS anticipates that construction of noise walls will commence in February 2013 with completion expected by June 2013
- OTHER 10 NCAs – Action proposed for 7 of the other 10 NCAs are detailed in the Minutes from meeting 19 October 2012 – see Council website. Timing of action is expected during the next 2 to 3 years. It is suggested that residents familiarise themselves with proposals for their NCA area and any issues highlighted and communicate with RMS concerning specific timing and any concerns.
VISIT – North Sydney Council website www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au (Major Projects – WF Noise walls) for details of action and meetings with RMS * (RTA) and Council (with Minutes) over the last 2+ years of our campaign
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- ACTIVELY PROMOTE YOUR NCA – get your neighbours to lobby/write to the Minister for Road & Ports, RMS and your local Members (Gladys Berejiklian or Jillian Skinner) – addresses below – examples of letters can be provided
- REGISTER ON THE NOISE ABATEMENT PROGRAM (NAP) AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO REGISTER – RMS (previously RTA) tel 131782 Mr Joseph Fanous or website www.rta.nsw.gov.au . (Environment – Noise – NAP) Even if you do not technically qualify, RMS will record your details and this should result in advice to you of noise abatement proposals for your street.
If you are already registered on NAP or have applied please advise us so we can track numbers on NAP
IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED ON NAP, YOU MAY MISS OUT ON NOISE ABATEMENT FOR YOUR PROPERTY.
Thank you for your support. If we can assist with your NAP registration please advise.
Graham Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel 9922 3192 Kathy Bisits (email@example.com)
If you would like to receive updates by email then please send your email address to – firstname.lastname@example.org ________________________________________________________________________________________________
Addresses for complaint/action letters are
The Hon Duncan Gay MLC, Minister for Roads & Ports Peter Duncan, Chief Executive Officer
Governor Macquarie Tower Roads and Maritime Services
Level 35 1 Farrer Place SYDNEY NSW 2000 Email – email@example.com Locked Bag 928 NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
* RTA has changed its name to Roads & Maritime Services (RMS)