All Saints Church on Carter Street was built in 1923 and is listed in the NSW Heritage register.
It is a representative example of inter-war suburban church which illustrates, through its own development, the growth of the area.
A development application has been submitted to North Sydney Council for a significant redevelopment of the church.
North Sydney Council is seeking comments and feedback from residents.
The scope of the proposed works include:
- Demolishing the west end and making the church longer.
- Moving the entrance to the church to the East end
- Demolishing the rear wall of the nave
- Constructing a substantial new 2 story extension to the rear of the church.
The full details of the proposed development can be viewed on the North Sydney Council Web site.
1. Go here:
North Sydney Council Website
2. Agree to the terms and conditions
3. Enter 200/2014 in the search box
Many residents have already expressed concerns about this proposal. Some common issues are
- impact on street parking and traffic congestion
- demolition and alterations to a NSW heritage building
- change to the streetscape in a Conservation Area
- increased building use and consequent impact on residents
- removal of trees including threatens species
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
All residents are invited to submit a comment on the DA.